Vision Quest Coaching would like to invite you and your friends to a series of rides on the Ironman Wisconsin course. Between the months of May and August we will be doing the course four times, with a specific goal for each ride. For those doing IM Wisconsin, this is a great time to preview the course and learn its unique geography. And if you are not planning on IM Wisconsin or you are a cyclist, join us for some solid mileage with great hills to climb.
Saturday, May 11th
Wednesday, June 5th
Saturday, July 27th
Saturday, August 17th
Here is what’s included with these rides:
- A fully marked 40-mile loop course, turn-by-turn
- A turn-by-turn route map in case you miss the markings
- Aid stations along the way for your nutritional needs
- Fully supported SAG in case of breakdowns or other situations you may have along the way (all SAG and AID stations will be supported until 1:30pm)
- Vision Quest Members ride free as a part of their monthly membership.
- Individual ride registration – $25
- 3 ride package – $70 (Save $5)
- 4 ride package – $90 (Save $10)
- Multiple ride options will be given during the enrollment process for the first ride you will be attending
What to Expect at a VQ Madison Ride
- This ride is for athletes of ALL abilities
- Course is a 40 mile loop around the Ironman Wisconsin
- We will ask everyone to come to the Vision Quest Tent at 7:45am for a short “safety brief” by group for any last minute updates to the course, a quick re-cap of what is in store for the day and an intro to the coaches that will be riding with you.
- We will leave in waves with about 5 minutes separating each group (you will get your wave when you check in). This is for safety reasons so we do not have a mass start of people leaving. Please respect this process as its for everyone’s safety.
Ride Day Check-In
- Check-in will take place outside of Endurance House
- Endurance House - West
1701 Deming Way #102
Middleton, WI 53562
- Check-in will open at 7:00am and close at 7:45am
- You will be asked to sign a waiver (non-members)
- Your leg will be marked so SAG knows who to support
- We will weigh you in with all your gear on and then have you weigh out when you are done to see how much fluid you have lost, if any. Make sure you weigh yourself the same way, wearing the same gear you weighed in with. Preferably using the same scale if you can.
- At the end of your ride YOU MUST SIGN OUT at “Headquarters”. We take this very seriously so please sign out and write your end time and number of loops completed. This will help us put people in groups for the next ride. This is total time, not ride time.
- Pumps will be available at registration, but it is always a good idea to bring your own.