Vision Quest Coaching is Looking for New Lead Instructors!
Vision Quest Coaching is looking for a fun, energetic and dedicated instructor to join our growing team of cycling and triathlon professionals. The Lead Instructor is responsible for leading indoor rides, outdoor rides and instructing classes within the guidelines of Vision Quest Coaching to maintain the quality of programs.
Key Responsibilities for the Lead Instructor:
- Understand the skill and learning capability of each athlete.
- Understand ride goals and clearly explain them to athletes.
- Understand each athlete’s personal goals and work with them to help progress their skills and abilities.
- Educate riders on correct riding techniques and work with athletes to improve form and provide all necessary modifications.
- Remember and reinforce safety goals at all times.
- Prepare class area with necessary equipment and return all teaching equipment to proper storage at the end of each class.
- Provide nutritional support to riders, including stocking product and making them available to athletes during class.
- Track class attendance, cancellations and monitor class size for program management purposes.
- Assist in participant recruitment and program promotions.
- Assist with training/orienting new instructors.
- Serve as a role model for other instructors.
- Assist with instructor in-service training.
Must Have Skills for Lead Instructor:
- Exceptional public speaking skills and ability to command a room.
- An outgoing personality with ability to quickly build rapport and relate to athletes.
- Basic bike maintenance skills (e.g., fixing a flat tire, changing a wheel, etc.)
- Understanding of the basic components of safe and effective indoor and outdoor riding, energy systems and basics of event-focused training.
- Ability to work early mornings, evenings and/or weekends.
- The ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to perform well under pressure.
- The ability to diffuse stressful situations.
- Familiar with Google suite (e.g., Google doc, G-mail, calendar).
- A positive attitude!
Nice to Have Skills for Lead Instructor:
- Familiar with CompuTrainer software and equipment (willing to teach).
- Basic knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel and/or HTML.
- Familiar with Mind and Body scheduling software (willing to teach).
- Basic computer and website maintenance skills.
- Prior coaching experience.
Must obtain First Aid and CPR/AED certifications within 90 days (Vision Quest will cover all associated costs).
Benefits of Working at Vision Quest:
- Free membership to Vision Quest.
- Opportunity to work alongside former professional cyclist, Robbie Ventura.
- Complimentary race entry fees.
- Stipends for continued education opportunities.
- Opportunity to participate in Vision Quest coaches meetings.
- Highland Park
- Downers Grove
How to Apply for the Job:
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org